When Can Jewellery Shops Open: Post COVID-19 Opening Information
Updated: February 23rd 2021
Jewellery shops, like other non-essential retailers, were forced to close during lockdown.
Throughout this period, we at Joshua James have continued to safely fulfill all online orders and provide a high level of service (despite the circumstances). However, we understand that some people are keen to view jewellery in person before buying. That’s why we’re excited to announce the reopening of our jewellers on the 13th of April now that the latest government guidelines of the “Lockdown Roadmap” have been released!
In this post, we’re going to cover the most recent information on jewellery shops reopening due to the Lockdown Roadmap, and the ways in which we will be ensuring that you can safely shop with us in our Hessle jewellery store again soon.
When can jewellery shops open in England?
Recently, the prime minister declared that the whole country would be going into a second full lockdown.
Due to this full lockdown, all non-essential retail has been closed for around 4 months across the UK, meaning that jewellery shops have not been open for in-store shopping.
As it currently stands we are able to offer click & collect for any local shoppers, and all of our items can still be purchased online from www.joshuajames.com.
With the new restrictions of the Lockdown Roadmap in place from the 13th April, however, we can begin to prepare for all of our businesses to re-open and resume normality.
Is the Joshua James Hessle store open yet?
Our Hessle jewellery shop is currently not open, but from this April, we cannot wait to welcome back new and loyal customers as you all see our newly revamped store!
Protecting the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our top priority, and so we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that our Hessle jewellery shop will be a safe environment for everyone.
In preparation for our reopening, we have carried out a thorough risk assessment and – in line with official government guidelines – we will be implementing a number of measures to ensure the safety of both staff and customers. These include the following:
- We will have signage up and around the store to indicate a clear one-way system, directing customers to queue to the left and exit out the right. This will ensure that customers do not cross paths and will be able to maintain a safe distance from one another.
- The number of customers allowed in the store at any one time will be limited to allow safe social distancing.
- All jewellery will be cleaned in front of customers if they wish to touch or inspect it, although we ask that you avoid requesting to touch any pieces unless you intend on purchasing. The jewellery will then be cleaned again before purchasing or putting away.
- Our team will have sanitising spray to regularly and thoroughly clean the store, disinfecting surfaces after each customer interaction where possible.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to all customers to use before touching or purchasing anything.
- We ask that customers refrain from paying with cash, and use contactless payment where possible (available up to £45).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the COVID-19 safety measures that we have in place, please get in touch with us here ahead of visiting and we will be happy to advise.
We look forward to seeing you back in our stores again from the 13th of April, subject to the Lockdown Roadmap. It’s time to view our newest collections and pick out the perfect gift in person! We have lots of exciting things on the way and we can’t wait to share them with you soon. Keep an eye on our social media for any updates, and remember you can continue to shop for jewellery online right here on the Joshua James website in the meantime!