When Can Jewellery Shops Open: Post COVID-19 Opening Plan
Jewellery shops, like other non-essential retailers, were forced to close during lockdown.
Throughout this period, we at Joshua James have continued to safely fulfill all online orders and provide a high level of service (despite the circumstances). But we understand that some people are keen to view jewellery in person before buying, and that’s why we’re excited to open our doors again soon!
In this post we’re going to cover the most recent information on jewellery shops reopening post-lockdown, and the ways in which we will be ensuring that you can safely shop with us in our Hessle jewellery store again soon.
When can jewellery shops open in England?
On May 25th, the prime minister gave an official date for the reopening of non-essential retailers: June 15th.
This went ahead as planned, and after three months of lockdown, many jewellery shops opened their doors for business once again. All retailers implemented safety measures in preparation for re-opening, following guidance outlined by The British Retail Consortium and the government.
However, some jewellers have decided to proceed with a little more caution and delay the opening date until further down the line. Lockdown 2020 is full of uncertainty, and you can never be too prepared!
If you’re looking to visit a jewellery shop near you – especially a small business – it would be best to check out their website or social media before visiting to confirm if they have reopened yet.
Is the Joshua James Hessle store open yet?
Our Hessle jewellery shop is currently not open, however we hope to be welcoming you back through our doors soon!
Protecting the health and wellbeing of our customers and staff is our top priority, and so we have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that our Hessle jewellery shop will be a safe environment for everyone.
In preparation for our reopening, we have carried out a thorough risk assessment and – in line with official government guidelines – we will be implementing a number of measures to ensure the safety of both staff and customers. These include the following:
- We will have signage up and around the store to indicate a clear one-way system, directing customers to queue to the left and exit out the right. This will ensure that customers do not cross paths and will be able to maintain a safe distance from one another.
- The number of customers allowed in the store at any one time will be limited to allow safe social distancing.
- All jewellery will be cleaned in front of customers if they wish to touch or inspect it, although we ask that you avoid requesting to touch any pieces unless you intend on purchasing. The jewellery will then be cleaned again before purchasing or putting away.
- Our team will have sanitising spray to regularly and thoroughly clean the store, disinfecting surfaces after each customer interaction where possible.
- Hand sanitiser will be available to all customers to use before touching or purchasing anything.
- We ask that customers refrain from paying with cash, and use contactless payment where possible (available up to £45).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the COVID-19 safety measures that we have in place, please get in touch with us here ahead of visiting and we will be happy to advise.
We look forward to seeing you back in our stores again soon, where you can view our newest collections and pick out the perfect gift in person! We have lots of exciting things on the way and can’t wait to share them with you soon. Keep an eye on our social media for news of when our Hessle jewellery shop will be reopening, and remember you can continue to shop for jewellery online right here on the Joshua James website!