Starting out in 2009 with a boutique in Yorkshire, Joshua James Jewellery has grown into an award-winning jewellery retailer.
Founded by Managing Director Shaun Bell, our flagship store opened on The Weir in the popular town of Hessle, East Yorkshire, overlooked by the Humber Bridge and continues to thrive amongst a variety of boutique stores. Shortly after opening, the Joshua James website was launched and has proven a success since, with almost 1 million orders placed!
Over the years Joshua James has won multiple industry awards for it's retail services and customer-friendly website. To this day, Joshua James continues to win awards; having most recently won Marketing Campaign of the Year at the UK Jewellery Awards 2020 against globally recognised brands such as Swarovski.
We are looking to introduce a Graphic Designer to our growing Marketing Team. The Graphic Designer will liaise directly with our Marketing Manager and wider Marketing team to create visually stunning and brand focused content. Working from static designs for website banners, to video content and gifs for social media, this will be a varied and fast-paced role, perfect for someone wanting to develop their design skills in a growing business.
Job role will include:
• Creation of design assets for across both online and print media, including but not limited to; email design, social ads, print ads, website banners, video ads etc.
• Liaising with wider marketing team to create an organised and consistent approach to creation of marketing materials
• Working in line with marketing calendar, to ensure website, social and print designs are consistent
• Developing our brand guidelines, to create an easy to follow guide to basic use of brand assets
• Creating a folder of easily editable templates to share with the wider team for day-to-day use
• Creation of printed brand assets, such as seasonal catalogues, print advertising, and gift vouchers etc.
• Working alongside the Marketing Manager and external photographers to create styled imagery in-line with our brand guidelines
• Basic photo editing and resizing to suit different needs
What we’re looking for:
• Experience working with fashion brands is desirable
• A confident designer, able and willing to adapt style to suit varying brands
• At least 2 years in a Graphic Design role, working across different medias
• A portfolio which clearly showcases your passion for design, and your ability to adapt to suit the brief presented
• Fully competent using Adobe Suite
• Ability to work to deadlines, with fast turnarounds where required
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience working in a small team
• A clear attention to detail
Candidates are advised to submit a portfolio. We will not be able to process applications without them.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year